SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Operations Manager (OM) ensures a safe, environmentally compliant and productive bio-refinery that operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The OM is responsible for assisting and providing support to the Plant Manager in the planning and execution of process operations in all units in the plant. The OM provides oversight and coordinates the activities of the Operations/Maintenance interface and the utilization of cross-functional support teams, while optimizing cost, safety, and utilization of available resources.
• Engineering or Technical Degree in process-related operations field. Must understand basic engineering principles and the science related to heat transfer and thermal efficiencies.
• Ten years of experience preferred in a refining, oleochemical or petrochemical environment, including five years of supervisory experience.
• Demonstrated experience in the operation, maintenance and supervision of personnel.
• Experience in major refinery processes a plus, including crude processing, vacuum unit, reforming, catalytic cracking, and environmental unit operations
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with internal and external customers.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in decision making
• Training operations staff to perform jobs both effectively and safely.
• Work closely with Plant Manager and Chief Operating Officer to plan, budget and execute projects for continuous plant improvement.
• Results driven with strong planning and organization skills
• Highly motivated self-starter who takes the initiative with minimum supervision
• Must be willing to be on a rotating” On Call” schedule for the entire facility
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Strong computer skills
• Demonstrated ability to ensure that both short term and long-term objectives are understood and accomplished in an efficient and timely manner
• This position is a mix of office, plant, and outside work
• Mental ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions
• Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, climb stairs and ladders, push and pull items, reach overhead, stoop and crouch